“Everyday in every way I’m getting better and better” Emile Coué
Hypnosis is a way of helping you experience a sense of deep relaxation, with your attention narrowed down, and focussed on appropriate suggestions made by the therapist. By relaxing, thinking positively, and picturing your goals, hypnosis can help you to improve your habitual feelings and behaviour.
Hypnosis, used together with Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) has been proved to be a powerful combination and can help with an enormous range of different issues. Research tends to provide most support for its use in:
- Anxiety management
- Pain management
- Overcoming sleep disorders
- Treating stress related illnesses
- Personal development in areas such as sports performance, public speaking or creativity
Who can be hypnotised?
Everyone can, in principal, be hypnotised, including children. It has been shown to help if you relax, think positively and imagine the things being suggested.
- Hypnotherapy is nothing like anything you see on stage or television - that is primarily a (skilled) performance
- Hypnosis is definitely NOT a state of sleep or unconsciousness. It is a mindset. Roughly 90% of people report being aware of everything that happens
- It is NOT a state of mind control. You cannot be made to do anything against your will. On the contrary, normally you must want to accept suggested ideas and actively imagine responding to experience effect
What does it feel like?
When you begin your treatment you will discover that hypnosis itself is a very pleasant experience. The depth of the hypnotic feeling varies, it can be very light or extremely deep - although the power of the therapy doesn’t depend on the depth of trance. Do not expect to go to sleep or lose touch with reality. You are fully aware, and you will know everything that is going on around you.
How I work
In my practice I combine hypnosis with cognitive behavioural therapy and other counselling techniques, giving you a tool box of techniques to tackle your issue from every angle possible. This includes:
- A detailed individual assessment
- Relaxation techniques
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Lifestyle changes
- Rehearsal of challenging situations
- Post session support
- Self hypnosis recordings
All sessions are interactive; expect to take an active role in your treatment.
Please contact me for or more information about hypnosis and to book a free assessment.
Mob: 07957 219755
I can help you with:
Please take a look at my pages:
- stress & anger management
- pain management
- domestic violence
- chronic health conditions
- self esteem & confidence issues
This list is not exhaustive. Please contact me to discuss specific issues in confidence.