About Dr Katy Filer Jackson
I am a chartered psychologist, accredited counsellor and hypnotherapist. I have been working with clients for nearly 20 years both in NHS and private practice.
My work as a counsellor & psychologist is strongly influenced by years of training and practice in Complementary Medicine and Chinese Medicine, and this sets me apart from other therapists. I strongly believe that the processes of mind and body are inter-related, and that our overall health is a complex web that includes our physical, emotional, spiritual health, lifestyle, relationships, social support & community.
I have a special interest in working with adults affected by illness, pain, anxiety, stress and fertility issues; and children affected by insomnia, exam stress and phobias.
My clinic is in North London. It’s a peaceful, safe space for us to work together in comfort.
In addition to Counselling & Hypnotherapy I offer Shiatsu & Reflexology.
- Doctorate in Health Psychology
- MSc Health Psychology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling
- Certificate in Psychodynamic and Humanistic Counselling
- Certificate in Cognitive-Behavioural Hypnotherapy
- Mindfulness training
- Four-year diploma in Shiatsu
- Diploma in Reflexology
- Reiki practitioner
- Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Full registration with UK Health Profession Council (HPCP)
- Accredited member of British Association or Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
In my spare time
I live with my family in North London. I enjoy running and yoga. I’m a parent governor at our local school, I am a counsellor working with female victims of domestic violence and I volunteer for a charity that assists members of the ultra orthodox Jewish community wishing to explore a more secular life.
Mob: 07957 219755
I can help you with:
Please take a look at my pages:
- stress & anger management
- pain management
- domestic violence
- chronic health conditions
- self esteem & confidence issues
This list is not exhaustive. Please contact me to discuss specific issues in confidence.