About Dr Katy Filer Jackson
I am a chartered psychologist, accredited counsellor and hypnotherapist. I have been working with clients for over 25 years, both in NHS and private practice.
My work as a counsellor & psychologist is strongly influenced by years of training and practice in Complementary Medicine and Chinese Medicine, and this sets me apart from other therapists. I strongly believe that the processes of mind and body are inter-related, and that our overall health is a complex web that includes our physical, emotional, spiritual health, lifestyle, relationships, social support & community.
I have a special interest in working with adults affected by illness, pain, anxiety, stress and trauma; and children affected by insomnia, exam stress and phobias. I have worked with female victims of domestic violence, in Occupational Health at the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, and volunteered for a charity that assists members of the ultra orthodox Jewish community wishing to explore a more secular life.
I regularly give academic lectures on aspects of psychology and mental health, and I teach Counselling Skills at Leo Baeck College. I work part-time at Chai Cancer Care, as well as in my thriving private practice.
My clinic is in North London. It’s a peaceful, safe space for us to work together in comfort. I am currently conducting my session online, on zoom, or on the telephone.
- Doctorate in Health Psychology
- MSc Health Psychology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling
- Certificate in Psychodynamic and Humanistic Counselling
- Certificate in Cognitive-Behavioural Hypnotherapy
- Certificate in Counselling Supervision
- Mindfulness training
- Four-year diploma in Shiatsu
- Diploma in Reflexology
- Reiki practitioner
- Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Full registration with UK Health Profession Council (HPCP)
- Accredited member of British Association or Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
In my spare time
I live with my family in North London. I enjoy running and yoga, and I’m Co-Chair of governors at our local primary school.
Mob: 07957 219755
I can help you with:
Please take a look at my pages:
- stress & anger management
- pain management
- domestic violence
- chronic health conditions
- self esteem & confidence issues
This list is not exhaustive. Please contact me to discuss specific issues in confidence.