About Dr Katy Jackson
I am a chartered psychologist, accredited psychotherapist, trauma specialist, lecturer and clinical supervisor. I have been working with clients for over 25 years both in NHS and private practice.
My work as a psychologist and psychotherapist is strongly influenced by years of training and practice in Complementary Medicine and Chinese Medicine, and this sets me apart from other therapists. I strongly believe that the processes of mind and body are inter-related, and that our overall health is a complex web that includes our physical, emotional, spiritual health, lifestyle, relationships & community.
My specialities include work-related stress and burnout, anxiety disorders (including phobias and panic attacks), trauma (PTSD, childhood trauma and domestic violence), acute and chronic illness, depression, self-esteem and identity issues, neurodiversity and bereavement.
I regularly present psychoeducational webinars, corporate podcasts, specialist seminars and lectures on aspects of mental health, resilience, wellbeing and integrative health.
My thriving private practice is currently online.
- EMDR stage 3
- Complex PTSD and Trauma (CCTP-II)
- Integrative Somatic Parts Work Certificate
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision
- Doctorate in Health Psychology
- MSc Health Psychology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling
- Certificate in Psychodynamic and Humanistic Counselling
- Certificate in Cognitive-Behavioural Hypnotherapy
- Mindfulness training
- Four-year diploma in Shiatsu
- Diploma in Reflexology
- Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Full registration with UK Health Profession Council (HPCP)
- Accredited member of British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
In my spare time
I live with my family in North London. I enjoy boot camp and yoga as well as spending time in my garden. I currently teach Counselling Skills to trainee Rabbis, and I am Chair of the Diversity and Equality Committee for HCA Primary Care.
Mob: 07957 219755
I can help you with:
Please take a look at my pages:
- self esteem & confidence issues
- stress & anger management
- workplace stress and burnout
- pain management
- domestic violence
- chronic health conditions
- adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- complex trauma and PTSD
- stop smoking
- cancer care
- dental anxiety
- exam stress
- fertility, pregnancy & childbirth
This list is not exhaustive. Please contact me to discuss specific issues in confidence.