How do I work?
I work “integratively”. This means that I draw on a combination of therapeutic approaches to suit your individual needs.
- psychodynamic and humanistic counselling
- cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- holistic approaches
These approaches can be combined and tailored to fit your situation and your personality. Maybe you find exploring the past a good way to make sense of troubling issues? Maybe you prefer to work in the present? Together we can explore what works best for you.
What does it all mean?
Don’t be put off by these psychological terms. Here’s what they mean (if you’re still not sure, please get in touch and we can talk it through):
- Psychodynamic counselling explores your past and the patterns that are repeated throughout your life.
- Cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) deals with the present and focuses on changing thoughts and behaviours. It is a fairly structured approach, which may involve the use of worksheets and work in between sessions.
- Mindfulness is a specific way of intentionally paying attention. One negative thought can lead to a chain reaction of negative thoughts. Breaking this reaction of negative thoughts gives a mental “space” in which you can learn to ground yourself in the present.
- Holistic approaches take into account your mind, body, spirit, community and environment. There is no point isolating individual symptoms if you ignore other aspects that may be causing problems. Holistic approaches foster a richer, deeper understanding of what is actually going on.
- Humanistic counselling focuses on self-development, growth and responsibilities, looking to help you recognise your strengths, creativity and personal choice.
What I can help you with
The techniques I use can be applied to overcome a wide range of physical and emotional problems. If you have a specific concern that’s not on this listed, please get in touch and we can talk it through.
In addition to counselling & hypnotherapy I offer Shiatsu & Reflexology.
Mob: 07957 219755
I can help you with:
Please take a look at my pages:
- stress & anger management
- pain management
- domestic violence
- chronic health conditions
- self esteem & confidence issues
This list is not exhaustive. Please contact me to discuss specific issues in confidence.